Commercial Roof Replacement
The function of any roof is to protect the inside of your home or business from weather and the elements, but not all roofs are the same. Commercial roofs are very different from residential roofs. Therefore, commercial roof replacement should only be carried out by experts like ABC Roofing Corp.
How Do Commercial Roofs Differ From Residential Roofs?
To the average person, most roofs may look the same, but there are a few key differences worth noting.
- are usually much larger
- are usually flat or have a very slight slope
- carry heavy loads (heavy equipment required for the business is usually housed on the roof)
- have a lot of smokestacks, airflow systems, and exit pipes that residential roofs do not. Our team of roofing experts has many years of experience working around these systems.
When Is A Roof Replacement Needed?
There are a few tell-tale signs that indicate your commercial roof needs to be replaced. You may notice that your energy bill starts going up, or you suddenly have unwanted pests or other animals entering the premises through the roof.
Our roofing experts will inspect your roof, assess the extent of the damage, and advise replacement if any of the following is found:
- More than 25% of the roof is damaged.
- The roof is old. Shingle roofs have a lifespan of 15 to 20 years.
- The roofing deck is damaged.
- There are signs of mold, mildew, or water stains on the roof and/or ceiling.
- The shingle is showing obvious signs of deterioration. An obvious indication is when it starts shedding small grains of sand that you find in the gutters or on the ground.
What Is Commercial Roof Replacement, And What Does It Entail?
Replacement of a commercial roof is not a decision that is made lightly; it takes a lot of planning. Our team of experts will meet with the property and/or business owner to:
- Set a time when the team can do a proper roof inspection.
- Discuss when the job can be done so that there is minimal downtime and business interruption.
- Discuss in detail what measures will be enforced to keep the employees, customers, workers, and assets safe during construction.
Once all the necessary meetings have been had and decisions have been made, our expert roof replacement team will:
- Place tarpaulin or plywood wherever necessary to protect the landscape, building structures, and assets.
- Tear off all the existing roofing material and inspect the rafters and decking, replacing or repairing if necessary.
- Reapply the underlayment, followed by the roof covering of choice.
- Reapply flashing in roof joints, around pipes and chimneys, and around the roof edge (drip end flashing), sealing it well.
- Clean up the area and remove and dispose of all the debris.
What Changes Can Be Made During A Roof Replacement?
During a commercial roof replacement, changes can be made to any part of the roof. The owner may decide to change the slope slightly, or choose a different material for underlayment, flashing or flashing sealant, or roof covering. ABC Roofing Corp has many years of experience in this area and will be able to offer sound professional advice if any changes are required.
What Could Happen If Roof Replacement Is Not Done By A Professional
There are many reasons why you should only allow professionals like ABC Roofing to replace your commercial roof. Some of these reasons include:
- The suppliers may void the warranty on the roofing materials if not installed by professional roofing contractors.
- Your business insurance may be voided if the roof is not replaced by professionals in the field.
- We know how to protect the underlying structures and the building interior while the roof is being replaced. Amateurs will not have the knowledge or equipment required to do so.
- An amateur may not do the job properly, resulting in you having to call us to re-do the roof installation.
- We do a thorough inspection of the underlying structures before we install the new roof. A “Do It Yourself” expert may not see underlying problems before installing the new roof, and this may result in very costly repairs later.
- Working on a roof can be dangerous. We take safety very seriously and have all the necessary safety gear required to keep our workers safe when working on a roof.
ABC Roofing Corp Are The Roof Replacement Experts In Coral Springs
At ABC Roofing Corp, we are so confident in our services that we offer 10, 15, and 20-year warranties. We have served our customers in South Florida for over 30 years and are approved applicators and installers of GAF, Certainteed, and Firestone.
At ABC Roofing Corp we have got you covered, so call us today for all your roofing needs, big or small: (954) 440-7903.