Hiring home roofing services is the next step you need to take after deciding to build your new home. Home roofing services can provide professional advice on what materials to use, any precautions to take, and the aesthetics of your roof. There are several options of materials to build your roof with.
- Asphalt Shingles: they are available in different colors and economical to install. They have a slightly shorter lifespan and don’t provide the same insulation as some other materials.
- Clay and Concrete Tiles: these tiles are long-lasting, non-combustible and energy efficient. The cost is an investment and you should be aware of the additional framing sometimes needed due to the weight of the tiles.
- Metal Roofing: this material is resistant to extreme weather and available in shingles or panels. Metal roofs are durable and offer high solar resistance, but the cost is high.
- Slate: although slate is quite expensive and requires extra framing; it is durable, fire resistant and sustainable.
- Wood Shingles: the rustic appearance offered by wood shingles is often prohibited by fire restrictions in some areas. They can be a concern in wet climates where they can split, mold and rot.
- Synthetic Roofing Products: rubber, plastic and polymer roofing are now available as roofing materials. They are not as heavy, fragile or expensive as natural products, but their quality can vary and their reliability is not time tested.
The Popularity of the Tile
Among all the options available for roofing, the durable tile is the most popular. There are a number of reasons for this popularity and preference.
Tiles have been around for over a century, meaning that their reliability can be vouched for. Their weight and strength are under constant improvement with today’s improving engineering knowledge. Today, a natural water shedding and ventilation feature means that tiles are optimum for both warm and cool climates. With proper installation, tile roofs can also withstand harsh elements. This is particularly relevant in South Florida where there can be strong winds.
Tiles are available in varying colors and styles. With modern innovations, tiles can now be designed to suit an increased number of architectural styles, in different shapes and colors.
Sustainability of Quality
Apart from being available in a number of colors, tiles also maintain their color over time. Durable, natural sources are used for the coloring. There may be a slight softening of color due to exposure to elements, but this occurs to a far lesser degree than other roofing materials.
The weight of the tile provides increased strength and support to the protection of the home. Modern homes are built with enough framing to support the weight of the tiles.
Clay tiles are economical in both durability, maintenance and installation. Their cost-effective value is introduced in their lifespan which can reach up to 100 years or more. Most manufacturers offer a warranty of 50 years. Under normal conditions, tile roofs require very little maintenance which is normally focused on gutters, protrusion flashings and venting.
When it comes to home roofing services get in touch with the professionals at ABC Roofing – with over 30 years’ experience in the roofing industry we can help you with all your roofing needs.